Friday, August 8, 2008

Never say "never"

I started learning English as a third language (the second one being German) in Middle school and profoundly disliked it. It didn't help that my teacher gave extra points to the girls who had a nice tan (my skin didn't do too well in the sun), but the worst part was definitely the pronunciation: it felt like I was supposed to make intelligent sounds with a bunch of marshmallows stuck in my mouth. Americans complain about the French "R", but for a French person, its English counterpart has its challenges as well. So I remember thinking right after graduating from High School that I was done with it forever. I would never have to speak English (or try...) again!

Well, I moved to New Orleans in 1990 and didn't consider living anywhere else, especially not in the Western part of the US: not that I had anything against it, but it was just way too far from France and my family. It could never happen!

Then I got seriously into photography, an
d the big word came along: weddings? Never!

And finally, blogging... Tha
t's not for me, I'm not much of a writer anyway. I'll never have a blog!

Well, life has its own surprising ways, and here I am blogging (we'll see how that goes), in English (I actually now feel more comfortable speaking and writing in English than in French), in Northern Idaho (there's no better place to live) and I just shot my first wedding (and yes, I did enjoy it)! Here is a preview:

















More photos of the couple next week...